Sunday, January 5, 2014

Happy New Year!!!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas....and Happy New Years!! The holidays are over and its time for scouting again.....YAYYYY!!! I am ready for spring weather and camping....are you? I just want to remind everyone that Monday Jan 6th is still a school holiday so we will NOT be meeting. We will resume our meetings on Jan 13th @ 6pm.

We have lots on the agenda:

1) Recharter/Registration for the 2014/2015 scouting year is here. I will be getting paperwork from the council and I will begin collecting money in February. I will make announcements later on.

2) Our Pack Pinewood Derby is going to be held in February. I have it schedule for Feb 1st....but we may have to reschedule to another Saturday due to my work schedule. I will know more in the next week or so....and I will announce at the meeting!!

3) Scout Sunday is February 2nd and Scout Sabbath is Saturday February 8th. Your son can earn a BSA patch for participating in Sunday Services on that day if he 1) wears his scout uniform to church AND 2) participates in the services....some ideas are to lead a bible study, help with offering, pass out programs, lead a prayer, read a scripture....or any other service duty your church may have. This patch is not for just attending church on that Sunday......its about doing a Good Turn while teaching others about scouting. I will have more info and suggestions at the meeting.


I hope everyone has a safe week...and I will see ya'll Monday Jan 13th!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment